Have you ever felt that you are too fed up with the daily struggles, like cash constraints, being stuck in a bad job, or relationship issues, and you just want to stay in bed all day? I have. Probably too many times for my liking.
Sometimes I allow myself to feel sorry for myself, but after I have done that I always try to remind myself of some of the following points.
Please remember this when you are feeling down:
1. You have come to this world on purpose. You knew what you were doing, and you were eager to take the trip.
You have a specific destiny to fulfill. If you follow your joy, you can find it.
2. Your own spiritual growth and inner peace is the greatest contribution you can make to yourself and the world.
Your life will improve to the extent that you do.
3. Take action to change your life and make a commitment to yourself: Know that you can make your life work.
4. You can bring things into reality more quickly by imagining that you already have them.
That includes physical things as well as non-material ones, such as feeling confident or having more compassion.
Remember the power of your mind to create abundance and heal your body.
5. Silence is golden.
You are only hurting yourself when you are directing your anger and hate toward others. You will feel more at peace when you only say things that serve people in some way.
6. Accept that everybody is on different levels of evolution, but nobody is better or worse because of it.
7. You can’t please everybody. People will have an opinion about what you do or don’t do, and they will judge you if they want, but what they do is none of your business.
8. You can’t change anybody, but you can consciously choose what and who you surround yourself with.
9. You don’t earn respect. People are going to be respectful to you or not depending on who they are, not who you are; but you can stand up for yourself and you can choose your reaction to them.
10. Keep an open mind. We don’t know better than anybody else because we don’t have the higher picture.
11. Believe in yourself and your ability to create the life you want. Nothing can stop you except your thoughts and beliefs.
Richard Bach, bestselling author of Jonathan Livingston Seagull, writes, “Sooner or later, those who win are those who think they can.”
12. You have the right to change your mind, and you have the right to not explain your decisions.
13. You will feel better when you don’t judge because you will not feel judged.
When we judge ourselves or others, we are failing to see the higher picture.
14. Pay attention to the way you feel, and deliberately choose thoughts —about everything — that feel good to you when you think of them.
Seek to have thoughts and do things that make you feel good.
15. Your attitude and mindset are important. You can be poor and happy, or wealthy and unhappy. You don’t have to wait to achieve your goals to feel happy.
16. Don’t waste your pain.
Choose to grow from your experiences and come out stronger and wiser because of them. Learn from your mistakes, apologize, or find another way, but don’t beat yourself up.
Your compassion has to include you.
17. Your size, weight, or height does not define you. You don’t need to change; you just need to love and accept yourself.
You will then attract circumstances and people who reflect your self-love.
18. No one has ever gotten healthier by feeling worse about themselves, nor have they lived a day longer by worrying.
19. Take care of your business and nobody else’s. Remember, the way you perceive something might not be the reality of it.
There is a story about a young couple who moved into a neighborhood. The next morning while they are eating breakfast the woman sees her neighbor hanging out the laundry and says, “The laundry isn’t very clean; she doesn’t know how to wash correctly. Perhaps she needs better laundry soap.” Her husband looks on, remaining silent. Every time her neighbor hangs her laundry out to dry, the young woman makes the same comments. A month later, the woman is surprised to see a nice clean laundry on the line and says to her husband “Look, she’s finally learned how to wash correctly. Do you think someone taught her?” Her husband replies, “I got up early this morning and cleaned our windows.”
20. Everything will pass, it always does. Do not give permanent reality to temporary situations.
21. You don’t have to do everything on your own.
Seek help. Talk to trusted friends, family, or your physician. Call a helpline. Enroll in a 12-step program. Ask your guides and angels to show you the clues to your next steps. Write them a letter. You might notice a song on the radio; listen to the lyrics. You might see an advert in a magazine. Your higher self, guides and angels will point you in the right direction, but you need to pay attention to the clues and take action.
Notice what you notice!
22. Cleaning and tidying your house, car, office and your belongings (including your handbags and wallets), will help you at all levels.
23. It is said life is the most difficult exam but we fail because we try to copy each other without realizing we are all sitting different exams. Know that you can’t fail, and that you don’t have to keep up with anybody else.
24. Don’t take yourself too seriously and remember what is important for you.
25. Sleep, rest, proper nourishment, playtime, and meditation will always help your physical and emotional well-being. Get as much of them as you can. Don’t ignore your body’s signals.
26. As Robert Brault said, life becomes easier when you learn to accept an apology you never got. Forgiveness heals body and soul.
27. Give yourself permission to stop rescuing others. We disempower people when we take on their stuff. You are not responsible for making other people’s life work.
28. It is not possible to give from an empty cup. Fill your cup first and create the life you desire.
29. It will serve your evolution to detach yourself from situations that are disordered and stressful; follow your intuition to know when to walk away.
30. Take calculated risks. In the end, you will be more disappointed with what you didn’t do than with what you did.
31. Remember you are not here to be perfect or to think positive all the time. You will have days when you cry, or feel disappointment and hurt. You will have days when you feel depressed and fed up with life and everybody else. That is what it makes you normal, and human. It is okay. But also remember…
32. You can pick yourself up from where you are; you have done it before, and you can do it now. You have felt like this before, and you came through it. You can pull yourself together and make the most of life now.
33. Living on Earth is not easy, but you knew you could find your path to joy, so you took the chance. All possibilities will be open to you when you listen to your intuition and follow your excitement.
Acting on your inner guidance will bring you closer to your divine right of living with joy.
I hope you found this post useful. Other related posts you might enjoy reading are:
- 5 Surprising Causes of Disease (and how you can heal)
- 13 Indispensable Self-Healing Tools
- How To Ask Assistance From the Universe
- 6 Proven Techniques to Heal Difficult Relationships
What do you do to feel better? Let me know in the comments below